Friday, June 21, 2013

Week by Week: Week 26


Gonzalito is the size of a scallion

I am savoring our last two weeks in the 2nd trimester! I am starting to get achier and achier this week, so I think that will just keep coming as Baby G keeps growing. We had our 26 week appointment, with blood draws and a glucose test. At the appointment my measurements were back on track, which was a relief to this Mama! We also had our hospital visit, and learned good information about our backup plan. Although we would prefer not to need to go to the hospital to deliver Gonzalito, I feel much better with our options there if we would need to do so.

How Far Along?  26 weeks!


Maternity Clothes? Yep! I've been sticking with dresses this past week. Much more comfy :)

Stretch Marks? No
Sleep? Good! I even slept through the night without getting up 3 times this week
Best Moment of the Week? Hearing Baby's heartbeat at our 26 week appointment. Our midwife said it sounded happy to her. I think so too. :)
Movement? Yes, but it comes and goes, since the placenta is in front and Baby is changing positions. Recently it feels like he is under my ribs on the right, and his little tushy is pressing against my belly!

What I miss? Nothing!

Symptoms: Nothing new- everything is the same as before.
What I’m looking forward to? The results of our glucose screening test- we should find out in a couple of days if I passed, or if I need to take the much longer test to see if I have gestational diabetes.
Milestones: Baby is the length of a scallion- an average of 14 inches and already 1 and 2/3 lb!

Emotions: Very happy. Thinking of how wonderfully made we all are.

No comments: