Thursday, June 6, 2013

Week by Week: Week 24






Yikes- how did 3 weeks pass by with me forgetting to do this! So much fun has happened in the past 3 weeks! During Week 22 we had another midwife appointment. Everything was good and strong, but I measured shorter than I should by 2 cm... the midwife said she would expect my fundal height to be higher, but that she wasn't worried. We also hired our birth assistant, who is very experienced and talented. It eases our minds that she will be there to help us through the pregnancy and labor! After the midwife appointment, we took the fun "bump" picture, above :) We also got some additional baby things from a great couple that we bought an ottoman from- they just gave us some of their things! The kindness of strangers is just amazing. At the end of Week 23, and beginning of Week 24, we flew to Florida for Herber and Tressa's wedding, and had a beautiful long weekend in Sarasota, FL. Now we are back into the swing of daily life, and just enjoying my growing belly! 

How Far Along?  24 weeks! 


Maternity Clothes? My maternity work pants (which are for early pregnancy and post partum) are now too tight to button. I am using the rubber band with them, or using dresses. Luckily, I found a great pair of maternity jeans and shorts at Goodwill, so I am good to go on the weekends!

Stretch Marks? Nothing! Grandma Overholt told me she never got any, and neither did mom, so maybe I will be ok too (crossing my fingers). 
Sleep? Still good, although I have had two dreams of being in labor to date. I imagine that they will just keep coming! 
Best Moment of the Week? There were a lot of great moments in the past weeks. Baby G hiccuping, taking our Gonzalito to the ocean for the first time, salsa dancing and swing dancing with Julian (which is just fun, but even better because Gonzalito can sense movement now), and seeing my belly "twitch" for the first time. Now my bump is showing more, which is nice. I'm amazed at how excited strangers or acquaintances are about babies, and love that it is something that brings people together.
Movement? More and more! When we were at the beach in Florida, I was relaxing a lot and felt Gonzalito move a lot more than usual, probably because I was distracted. I may also be having Braxton-Hicks contractions- I'm not 100% sure, because I've been having a similar feeling for the last few weeks, but always thought the baby was up to something. Now they are stronger, and I am suspecting that they are the BH contractions!

What I miss? Nothing!
Symptoms: The newest one is that my ankles started swelling. It doesn't happen every day, but when it's hot and humid or I've been on my feet all day, my ankles (esp. the left one) will swell a lot. It's a good reminder to slow down and put my feet up!

What I’m looking forward to? More movement!
Milestones: Baby is the size of an ear of corn!

Emotions: Very happy and content currently, but slightly anxious about all of the changes that are coming down the road in the future. It's amazing and slightly overwhelming to think about how everything is going to change once Baby is here!

1 comment:

c.jean said...

LOVE it! esp your growing/glowing form! Keep putting your feet up!