Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Week by Week: Week 27

Gonzalito went hiking at Ohiopyle State Park, and visited the iconic Falling Waters Frank Lloyd Wright house

Gonzalito is the size of a head of cauliflower

The last week in our second trimester! I have really enjoyed the energy and belly growth in the second trimester. Starting the third makes me feel anxious, because time is ticking away and we still have a lot of things to do (I think!). But we are enjoying our little Gonzalito as he grows, and are organizing the house and figuring things out little by little :) We celebrated the end of our second trimester, and welcomed in the beginning of the third trimester on a family camping trip in Ohiopyle State Park, PA. It was a quick camping trip, but filled with fun! We cooked over the fire, on grandma and grandpa's old cooking stove, and went on hikes. Dad was very kind and gave up his space in the camper so that I wouldn't have to sleep on the ground. Gonzalito really liked hearing his Mimi, Pop-Pop (? we have to figure out these names), Uncle Bryan and Aunt Laney. :) We will try to make it a yearly trip!

How Far Along?  27 weeks!


Maternity Clothes? Yes!

Stretch Marks? No
Sleep? Pretty good- I slept through the night a few more times.
Best Moment of the Week? Being with family on our camping trip!
Movement? Yes, but some days more than others.

What I miss? When we were hiking, I missed feeling like I could move quickly and with ease. But other than that, nothing!

Symptoms: Same as before... I have a sharp pain in a muscle in my back some days, but that's the only new thing.
What I’m looking forward to? I am looking forward to getting everything ready for Baby G. 
Milestones: Baby G is the size of a head of cauliflower! We are finishing out the second trimester.

Emotions: Happy, but also anxious about time slowly ticking away. There is a lot to prepare, but I know everything will work out. And ready or not, Gonzalito is going to come, and he is going to be loved abundantly!

No comments: