Thursday, October 18, 2007

*venice*

Tomorrow I will be going here:





I'm very excited to go to Venice-- this will be my first time traveling for more than one day. I'm anticipating a nice time.

Still no package.... so no pictures yet. Still no money from my scholarship.... but about 90% of my classmates have gotten it so I am very hopeful that it is coming soon.

I wanted to share a quote that I heard and liked. It was a quote read in a podcast from Central Avenue Church in Athens. The quote is by G.K. Chesterton in his book Orthodoxy:

"This thing that I'm talking about for instance, can be seen in children. When they find some game or joke they especially enjoy, a child kicks his legs rhythmically through excess, not absence of life, because children have abounding vitality, because they are, in spirit, fierce and free. Therefore they want things repeated and unchanged. They always say, "Do it again" to the grown-up person and the grown-up person does it again and again until he's nearly dead. For grown-up people are not strong enough to exalt in monotony. But perhaps God is strong enough to exalt in monotony.
It is possible that every morning God says "do it again" to the sun and every evening "do it again" to the moon. It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike. It may be that God makes every daisy separately, but has never gotten tired of making them. It may be that God has the eternal appetite of infancy. For we have sinned and grown old, and our Father is younger than we."

No comments: