Monday, October 22, 2007

Choir Festival

So, I went to Venice on Friday and Saturday. Came back late Saturday night, and tried to study a bit on Sunday. But, most of my day Sunday was occupied by a choir festival. My church here was hosting a choir gathering of about 8 different churches. I sang with my choir: Noi siamo circondati (We are surrounded... by a great many witnesses) and Io son de bole quaggiu (Just a closer walk with thee). In between every choir, we sang various hymns. Everything was in Italian of course, so I didn't understand everything, but it was nice to hear the choirs. There was an opera singer who sang a few solos-- it was amazing how powerful her voice was.

Then, my classmate let me borrow her camera cord, so now I can post pictures. It might be a bit overwhelming, so I'll try to be highly selective....

No comments: