Friday, October 26, 2007

Neuroscience

For the last week or so I had been steadily preparing myself for the Neuroscience exam we had today. First of all, the amount of information we covered was tremendous. Secondly, our professor told us to just study his lectures, but we heard from previous students that he always puts book material on the exam. This meant reading 9 loooong chapters, resulting in about 300 pages of neuroscience, then attempting to memorize them. A little overwhelming.
The exam was part essay, part multiple choice. The essay question was: "the organization of the motor system." Excuse me, but that's not a question. I wrote a lot, but the organization of the motor system is a very very large topic, so I don't know what he expects. Then there were some multiple choice questions, about 4 of which he never talked about and were based on minuscule details from illustrations in the book. But, I prepared myself as well as I could, and I'm positive that I passed, although how well I passed will be determined by how easy our professor grades...

Now that it's over, I think I'll take a nap :)

No comments: