Tuesday, October 23, 2007

*Genova*

*Genova*

The first weekend that I was here, I traveled with several of my classmates to the port city of Genoa (Genova in Italian). It was a beautiful day with warm weather. Genova is known for being a harbor, for its focaccia bread, and for being a former home of Christopher Columbus. We were only there for the day, so we just walked throughout the city, visiting churches and various piazzas. Here are some pictures:

*random street near harbor*


*me in front of the library of the university of genova*


*thinking with a statue (maybe st. carlo?) outside of la chiesa di san carlo*


*inside the chiesa di san carlo*


*outside the church: (L-R) Tom, Weichun, Sorin, Olha, Daria, Olga*


*the cavernous inside of another church*


*the ceiling of the church*


*the harbor, with parts of genoa in the background*


*me in front of christopher columbus' supposed house*

*the whole gang at the base of Genova's lighthouse*
(L-R) me, yifei, weichun, daria, olha, sorin, tom, olga




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the thinking w/statue is great - also liked the dorm pics!!! ~mom