Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week by Week: Week 29



Gonzalito is the size of a butternut squash

This last week we had another midwife visit. We met a new midwife, who said everything looked very healthy. She also gave me tips on tweaks I can make to my diet (more protein, less fruit for snacks) to try and keep my weight gain moderate. Although people have been saying I look small for being 7 months pregnant, I have gained enough weight for the "average" gain for the entire pregnancy! The midwife suggested that my metabolism may be thrown off since I was running every day before getting pregnant. So this week I have been trying to focus on protein and dairy, since Gonzalito needs a lot of calcium now (his bones are hardening). We will see in another couple of weeks if it is helping!

How Far Along?  29 weeks!

Maternity Clothes? Yes! But my regular dresses are the best.

Stretch Marks? No
Sleep? Sleep has been very good! Some nights I don't get up, other nights I get up once. 
Best Moment of the Week? We got to hear Gonzalito's heartbeat at the midwife this week. When he moved, the heartbeat increased, which the midwife said was a sign of fetal well-being.
Movement? I feel more, and it is stronger than before. I am also starting to detect a schedule. Gonzalito is the busiest playing around 8-10 ish in the morning, and from 10-11:30 ish in the evening, although he moved around at other times too.

What I miss? Nothing, for now!

Symptoms: Nothing new... 
What I’m looking forward to? We are going to learn more about breastfeeding this week!
Milestones: Baby G is the size of a butternut squash!

Emotions: Happy! Trying to be wise and trust that Baby G is getting all of the nutrition he needs.



No comments: