Saturday, May 25, 2013

Week by Week: Week 16




  

I am very behind on my journaling!!! It is April 7th.... yikes! So much has been happening! Luckily, the answers to the questions below don't really change at all from week to week (so far). I am still not really showing, but we have begun telling more people now that I am in the 2nd trimester (yay!). We have told immediate family (we told Julian's aunts, uncles, and grandma over the phone, and told the Overholt side of the family and the Walkers at Easter, and the Jarvie side over the phone). We've both told our bosses, but haven't made it public knowledge at work. We've been working through our close friends, telling them when we see them. It was been so fun to share our news!!


How Far Along?  16 weeks! 
Maternity Clothes? Pants are now getting slightly tighter. I used a hair tie to shut a pair of "skinny jeans" last week so I could still wear them, and Julian bought me a pair of pants from Motherhood. They aren't full maternity pants, but have some good stretch in them for the next month or so and for the time period after I give birth.

Weight Gain? It is so hard to tell! My weight fluctuates 2-3 pounds when I weigh myself at home, but I am estimating that I have gained a total of 6-7 pounds so far... maybe 8. 
Stretch Marks? No! 
Sleep? It's actually been better than usual the past couple of days, since I actually slept through the night (didn't get up to pee) the last 2 nights!
Best Moment of the Week? Well, the best moments of the past weeks have been telling people, and all of the excitement and joy that is pouring on us. :)
Movement? Can't feel it yet, but this is the first week where I could possibly start feeling it, although I think it's more typical to feel it later.
Gender? No idea yet- I need to schedule an ultrasound!  Julian is leaning towards a boy, as is my mom, whereas Julian's mom and sister are voting for girls. The grandfathers seem to have no preference, as long as it's healthy! 
What I miss? Last week I thought a deli sandwich or a salad sounded good, but I am trying to stay away from that due to listeria. But it's not really anything major!
Symptoms: The main symptoms recently have been a lot of hunger (Julian makes me gigantic breakfasts so I don't get hungry right away at work), and unfortunately, irrational crying. I will get a little upset about something, and know that it's not a big deal, but I can't calm down and I end up sobbing. It's happened really badly twice now, and not so intensely several more times. I have had a lot more energy lately though, which has been great!

What I’m looking forward to? Feeling the baby move! I also need to schedule things, like the ultrasound and the birthing classes.
Milestones: Baby is now an avocado! Our Gonzalito has been growing a lot, from a lime, to a lemon, to an apple, and now an avocado!

Emotions: Very happy, but currently disappointed that I haven't been keeping up with this! Also, sometimes it feels surreal that I'm really pregnant, since it's not really that noticeable yet. When we tell people, they have been thinking that I'm not as far along as I am. But I should be grateful for that since it's allowed us to wait to tell people (especially at work) while we learn about different options!

No comments: