Friday, May 24, 2013

Week by Week: Week 12


March 13th 2013

We told mom and dad, and Bryan and Laney at the end of week 11! It is SO nice to have our closest family "in the know." We enjoyed surprising Santi, Raquel, and Moni over video chat so much that we decided we would do something similar for my parents. Julian told them that he took a test for his job, and that he got really great results. Mom said, what, like 98%? And he said, no, two lines, and I held up the pregnancy test. The shock on their faces was priceless! They are SO excited about being grandparents :) Bryan and Laney suspected a bit, so they weren't as surprised (we used the same technique of telling about a test over video chat), but they are still excited about being aunt and uncle!


How Far Along?  12 weeks! 
Maternity Clothes? Same as before.... I think I was more bloated than anything during the first weeks, because all but 1 pair of jeans still fits now, but a few other pairs of pants hadn't fit several weeks ago.

Weight Gain? Still about the same! I think I've gained 1-2 pounds overall. 
Stretch Marks? No! 
Sleep? Pretty good! 
Best Moment of the Week? Telling my parents, Bryan and Laney, and getting happy calls from all the grandparents!
Movement? Well, Baby G is moving, but I can't feel it.
Gender? No idea, and still not sure if I have a preference. Sometimes I think about a "she" and sometimes a "he." 
What I miss? Not really anything right now!
Symptoms: Heartburn and gassiness in the evenings... not too pleasant, but not awful. Also, I have had more mood swings in the last week. Poor Julian!

What I’m looking forward to? Our next appointment, and setting things up (like our Bradley classes, and figuring out furniture and registries). 
Milestones: Baby is a lime! And we ran our first 8k. I ran for two and did a lot better than I thought- I thought I would have to walk a lot of it, but I jogged almost all of it, and ended in under an hour!

Emotions: Very happy, and very thankful.

No comments: