Friday, May 24, 2013

Week by Week: Week 10


February 24th 2013

This has been a good week :) We FINALLY had our first prenatal appointment. It was so exciting, especially when the midwife who saw us was the same midwife who we saw for our preconception appointment! The exam and blood tests were all fine, except that I am low in iron and have to take a disgusting tasting iron supplement a couple of times a day. Also, we had been waiting for the appointment to finally tell our parents, because we wanted to record the heartbeat and play it for our family in Colombia over the phone. But, Baby Gonz hid from us, and we didn't get to hear the heartbeat. Our midwife said it was completely normal at 9.5 weeks, so we should hear the baby's heartbeat the next time we go in.

                                

How Far Along?  10 weeks! 
Maternity Clothes? No. Same as before!
Weight Gain? I think I'm about the same as before I was sick. I need to get some new batteries for my scale so I can better monitor things, but everything fits the same.
Stretch Marks? No! 
Sleep? Pretty good! 
Best Moment of the Week? Going to our prenatal appointment.
Movement? Nope.
Gender? No idea! 
What I miss? Nothing really... 
Symptoms: Still light-headedness if I don't eat every 2-3 hours, and some aversion to certain foods. But a new symptom is heartburn at the end of the day. Still nothing crazy though- I am so thankful!

What I’m looking forward to? Telling our parents! We have to rethink our plan for Colombia, because we do NOT want to wait another 4 weeks!!!!
Milestones: Baby is a kumquat.... I'm not really sure what that is, but bigger than a quarter :)

Emotions: Very happy and very thankful. A little disappointed that we couldn't hear the heartbeat though.

No comments: