Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!!

*my easter treats: chocolate from belgium, a chocolate egg from dajo and antonia, and a party favor from church*

Happy Easter!! Today to celebrate Easter, I went to church (Zij is opgestand-- he is risen!) and then had lunch at Dajo and Antonia's house with a couple of people from the Bible Study. It was so nice to not eat alone, and especially to eat with them since we didn't have a Bible Study last week, and it would be my last time to see them. I heard good news there-- Antonia is pregnant! They'll make wonderful parents. Easter here is different than I expected. The town was more quiet on this morning than any other Sunday morning, although I thought I would see more people out and about going to church and to breakfast. The University closes for Good Friday and the Monday after Easter, and a lot of people have vacation from work, so I guess people go on vacation. On Good Friday they have a giant bloemenmarkt, a flower market, in addition to the normal market. The entire square was filled with flower vendors, and huge crowds of people were out buying plants, fruits, vegetables, fresh fish and bread. It's one thing I will miss here-- on the way home from class (if we get out early) I can pick up some fruit, fresh and cheap! It was strange not to be home for Easter, but altogether it was a nice day spent with lovely people. Happy Easter!!

*Kristina and me at the Easter flower market*


*tulips!*


*Easter lunch at Dajo and Antonia's house: Howa, Leeanne, Dajo, Antonia*


*After lunch, Happy Easter!!*


*the two engaged American girls!*

No comments: