Thursday, March 13, 2008

Melted slippers

*whoops*

Yesterday as I was sitting by my computer, my feet felt cold, so I decided to sit with them much closer to the heater. I guess I didn't realize how hot the heater was, because later when I moved my feet, they were a little stuck... then I saw the melted rubber and recognized the smell of burning rubber. Whoops! I melted my slippers a little......

*the slippers, now deformed*


*the heater with additional rubber*

Tonight a lovely dutch girl named Janneke invited us to her house for a Dutch dinner! We'll eat something called Stampot. Then, tomorrow I am heading for Belgium for the weekend! A few of my friends and I will travel to Belgium to visit Liesbeth, a girl we met while in Milan, and tour a couple of cities. I hope they make good waffles.

I can't believe I only have 2 weeks left here. The time has flown by, and I'm really sad to leave Groningen. It's a beautiful city and it has a really peaceful atmosphere. Maybe I'll come back for my thesis.....

No comments: