Monday, February 4, 2008

Stadtpark

*Stadtpark*

On Saturday afternoon, something amazing happened in Groningen. It did not rain. *gasp*
To celebrate the blue, yes blue, sky I decided to go for a bike ride. I examined the city map and noticed the large green area which is not too far from my house-- the city park!

Making my way through traffic lights and near the highway, I made it into the city park, where there were ponds with geese and ducks every 100 meters or so. There were hardly any people there and the weather was gorgeous. The main paths all have several smaller pathways intertwining throughout the park, so I got myself purposefully lost until the sun started to go down. On my way, I saw a petting zoo filled with goats, deer and bison(?), a man practicing tai-chi, and several abstract art sculptures scattered here and there. It was a wonderful afternoon, although my eyes were almost damaged from seeing the bright sun. We're just not used to it around here.

*you can't tell from the picture, but these geese were very loud*

*random wood carving of woman along trail*

*not really sure what this is, other than large metal objects sticking out of the ground*

*cattle in the stadtpark*

*goodbye sun. see you again in a month or two*

No comments: