Friday, January 11, 2008

Welkom

Today was my first full day in Nederland. I got groceries and took a walk to the center of the city. It's really amazing how many people are riding bikes, and with plants, skirts, heels, groceries, kids, guitars, etc. The city is very quaint with rows of Gingerbread houses and cobblestone streets. It's a bit dreary and constantly drizzles, but other than that it's very nice. Here are some pictures from my first walk to the city and of my new home:

*I live on the second floor-the 3 windows belong to my room*


*the desk/table area*


*the couch and alcove which houses my bed and sink*


*the living room type area*


*relaxing by the fireplace/heater*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aha! now i see! i checked earlier when we were chatting and the pics hadn't posted yet! VERY nice... looks homey - i hope you stay warm enough. ~m