Sunday, January 27, 2008

belly dancing

*this is an advertisement for the type of hot chocolate I previously mentioned-- just put the chocolate on a stick into hot milk, wait and enjoy!*


I've been riding my bike through the city this weekend. On Friday I rode it for the first time all the way into the center of the city, but I chose a hectic time to travel and so almost crashed into another bike or got hit by a car... but I didn't, thanks to extremely low speeds used by all those moving through the city. Although generally it's faster to ride than walk, it takes me a long time to lock and unlock my bike, and so at the moment it's not convenient to ride my bike short distances. But today I rode to church and back-- since it's Sunday I didn't really have to deal with any other people on the road.

This weekend has been fairly relaxing. On Saturday I studied and relaxed in my apartment and then went to a free salsa class, which was a lot of fun. The course taught only the most basic things, but the instructor was so full of energy that the hour long lesson flew by. I wanted to take a ladies salsa styling course, where they teach the women how to flip their hair and wave their arms to make the basic moves look fancy and sexy, but the timing of the course didn't work. So, I was thinking of taking a regular salsa course, but I wasn't that excited about it. Then Felipe (who had told me about the salsa courses) asked what "buikdansen," another class option on the school's list, meant. Belly-dancing!! I immediately signed up. My first lesson is Wednesday!

*fish market-- 3 days a week the square is filled with vendors selling fruit, vegetables, fish, meat, nuts and more*


*fish market*


*Harmonie building-- where I have all of my classes*

No comments: