Wednesday, January 2, 2008

♥ ~*~ ♥


My time in America has been completely wonderful. The first couple of days were a bit fuzzy since I was pretty jet-lagged, but I do recall going to my first Rueda salsa class and loving it. (Rueda salsa is dancing with several couples who continuously trade partners-- kind of like a salsa version of square dancing). Then I drove with Julian to Athens, where we visited with friends. We met more friends for dinner in Columbus and then spent the next 5 days in Sidney, visiting friends and family for the holidays. Now we're back in Washington, and I have a week left before I head out to Groningen. It's been wonderful to be among friends and family, although it would be much nicer if everyone was in the same place.

Anyway, the big news is that while we were in Athens, Julian proposed and I heartily accepted. First he drove me to places that were meaningful for us, and at the last place (where he had asked me to be his girlfriend) he showed me the following pictures on his new camera:



After I scrolled through the pictures I was crying and said yes, and he hugged me and told me he didn't have a ring but he wanted to give me a sweater. I was still crying as I opened a large box, inside which I found a smaller box which had an even smaller box and a ring inside-- the lies!!!

Being engaged feels a little strange, but I'm getting used to it. The word "fiance" used to stick in my throat, but it's becoming fun and even easy to say. So, that's the big news. We don't have a date for the wedding since I won't be done in Europe until next November and there are a lot of details to work out. So, I'll save that information for later posts. For now, here are some other pictures from my vacation.
*dinner in Columbus with Daniel, HiuYin, Jarrod, me, Asa, Charles, Jim (and Julian)*


*visit to the Halls*


*visit to the Medinas (here with Gaby and Diana)*


*fun with the Overholt family*


*visit with friends in Athens: Julian, David, Maria, little Karen, Carlos, me*

*Julian and Bartley*


*dinner with Leah V*


*New Year's Eve Toast with Julian and Herbert at the Havana Village*


*dancing in the new year at Havana village*


*Happy New Year!*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!!!!


OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY
GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!
I can't hold my pasta... You see, that's what you get from being curious!
I was checking on everyone on Facebook before I notice the link to your webpage.
And again,

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!

I hope you are very very happy! VERY!!!!
I wish you the best time there, and I was right saying "don't forget to return"!!

arod said...

Girl! You're flipp'n engaged!....I'm so excited for you. Congratulations my friend. Long time no see and talk but I think about you often! Enjoy every minute of it!