Sunday, September 1, 2013

Week by Week: Week 36



Gonzalito is the size of a head of romaine lettuce

36 weeks! This week we had one of our big midwife appointments. I had blood drawn, and a GBS test- if I am positive for GBS bacteria (25% of women are), I will have to have antibiotics through an iv during labor. I am praying for a negative result! I was also checked to see how baby is doing, in terms of being ready for labor. It looks like he is head down (although the midwife couldn't quite grab his head to confirm), and is starting to drop. We also had a home visit from our birth assistant, who reviewed all of our home birth materials and organized them. She walked us through the whole process, and a lot of paperwork, so we are feeling more ready! 

At the end of 36 weeks, we went out on a date to the jazz concert in the art sculpture garden. We are trying to enjoy as much special time together as possible before our little boy comes. It will be much harder to go out on spontaneous dates after a few weeks from now! :)

On our date at the national mall

How Far Along?  36 weeks!

Maternity Clothes? Yep.

Stretch Marks? Nope! 
Sleep? Still very good. I had a reality check this week when I realized that this sleep, when I get up now 1-2x a night, is going to be much more than I will get for the unforseen future... trying to enjoy as much sleep and rest as I can, while still getting things ready!
Best Moment of the Week? It is always fun to hear Baby's heartbeat at our midwife appointments. He is moving a lot, and kicked the midwife as she used the doppler to listen to his heart! Meeting with our birth assistant was very encouraging as well.

Movement? Yes! I started kick counts this week, too, so I am trying to pay special attention to all of his wiggles. 
What I miss? Nothing, really. At the jazz concert, we danced to one slow jazz song. It was wonderful, but tiring! I wished we could have danced more, but it was still nice to listen to the music, and even dance to one song while 9 months pregnant.

Symptoms: Same as before, with maybe more heartburn than before. Hopefully that will decrease as baby keeps dropping. 
What I’m looking forward to? The results from our last midwife appointment, and being in the "full-term" zone!
Milestones: Baby G is the size of a head of romaine lettuce :)

Emotions: Feeling good, and more ready than before.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings