Monday, September 9, 2013

Week by Week: Week 37



Gonzalito is the size of a bunch of swiss chard

We started off our 37th week with a maternity photo shoot from our friend, Mein. He is a fantastic photographer, and he brought all of his equipment to our house. We had a wonderful time taking pictures and documenting this very special time in our lives. We also had our weekly checkup, where we found out that my blood work looked good, and that I was GBS negative (woohoo! an answer to prayer!). Very very very good news, meaning that I don't have to be hooked up to an IV for antibiotics during labor.



At the end of the 37 weeks, we were blessed with a baby shower from church friends. It was a wonderful afternoon, filled with chatting, laughter, and cute baby gifts. At the end, they all prayed for us, which was just beautiful. So thankful for these women!

How Far Along?  37 weeks!


Maternity Clothes? Yes!

Stretch Marks? Nope! 
Sleep? Very good, still. I am feeling very fortunate that I have been able to get good sleep throughout the pregnancy. 
Best Moment of the Week? Well, the maternity shoot was really fun, and seeing the pictures was even better. The baby shower was another highlight, as was learning that we are GBS negative at our midwife appointment. So many wonderful moments this past week!

Movement? Yes! Some days he likes to push against my ribs, which can be a bit painful, but mainly the movements are just fun and nice. I like to think of Gonzalito as my sleeping troll. He sleeps under the mountain, but sometimes he wakes up and makes a little earthquake :)
What I miss? Nothing!

Symptoms: The new symptom for this week is that on the top right side of my stomach, it feels like the skin is falling asleep. It is very strange and has only been happening for a few days, but from what I read it seems like this is common, and a result of where baby is laying inside- he is cutting off the blood supply to that area. It is a strange sensation!
What I’m looking forward to? Another positive midwife visit. At our last visit, the fundal height hadn't grown, so I'm hoping it will have grown this week. 
Milestones: Baby G is the size of a bunch of swiss chard (I don't really get it, but that's what the Baby Center comparison says!)

Emotions: Feeling less overwhelmed with preparation than before, and more excited for Baby's impending arrival.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

greetings from Germany , Bettina