Sunday, April 14, 2013

Week by Week- Week 5


***Ok, we took this "bump" pic thinking we were 5 weeks along, but I am pretty sure I am at least 1 week ahead of what we had thought, if not actually 2. Also, I am writing this during Week 7, if I counted correctly, so I'm thinking back a bit. Feeling sad that we missed a couple of weeks of talking about our baby! We talked about poppyseed and then sesame seed/appleseed, but I think we jumped to blueberry and skipped over sweet pea because of our misunderstanding!
Baby is the size of an apple seed/sesame seed

How Far Along?  6 weeks! (I think Week 4 for me was actually Week 5! We had a hard time calculating, because our counting was different than what a midwife told me over the phone...)
[Update: 2/13/13- I finally figured out the counting! I was at 5 weeks, so baby was a sesame seed!]


Maternity Clothes? Nope, not at all
Weight Gain? I don't think so- I think I've lost a couple of pounds, just eating healthier
Stretch Marks? Nope!
Sleep? Still surprised that I wake up in the middle of the night each and every night to pee. I didn't expect to get interrupted sleep until Baby is here!
Best Moment of the Week?  Surprise tulips that were a present from Julian to Baby and me! 
Movement? None.
Gender? No idea!
What I miss? Being able to tell people big things happening in our lives! It's so hard to keep the secret.
Symptoms: Nausea here and there, sleepiness, dizziness, and hunger! I eat every 2 hours and get dizzy if I don't eat right away. Also a lot of thirst.
What I’m looking forward to? Still telling people.
Milestones: Baby is now a Sweet Pea!

Emotions: Thinking less of a baby in general and more of how God has called Julian and me to be parents to this particular child, and how we will guide, mold, and love this child into becoming a responsible, mature adult.

No comments: