Sunday, April 14, 2013

Week by Week- Week 4

The "bump" is nonexistent right now....


At 4 weeks the baby is the size of a poppy seed. Photo Source: Baby Center.


How Far Along?  4 weeks!
Maternity Clothes? Nope, still fit in my "skinny jeans"
Weight Gain? None yet, although bloating probably makes it go up and down a pound or so
Stretch Marks? Nope!
Sleep? Good so far! It is interrupted with bathroom breaks more, and I want more of it (I feel sleepy a lot) but I have been able to get a lot of rest.
Best Moment of the Week?  Too many! Taking the official pregnancy test and seeing Julian's reaction, scheduling our very first visit, brainstorming fun ways to tell people (which is so hard not to do right away), and reading a lot about our baby's development!
Movement? None.
Gender? Who knows?
What I miss? Nothing really... if I have to pick something, I would say my normal energy, because I haven't been able to be as active as I was before. But, it's kind of nice to have to rest too.
Symptoms: Nausea comes and goes, but hasn't been coing very often over the past few days. Some dizziness, and sleepiness, but that's pretty much it.
What I’m looking forward to? Telling people (it is killing me) and our first midwife appointment... but that is scheduled for 6 weeks from now!
Milestones: Baby is now the size of a poppyseed, implanted, and growing his/her placenta!
Emotions: It still hasn't fully sunk in yet, but we are so excited, feeling very blessed, and just trying to take it a day at a time. It is a little terrifying to think of the next 20+ years, or even the next 9 months, as there are a lot of things up in the air. My prayer is that God would equip us to be the best parents we can be, for however long he would bless us in that way. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats up very nice website!! Man .. Beautiful .

. Superb .. I'll bookmark your web site and take the feeds also? I am glad to search out a lot of useful info here in the put up, we need work out extra techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

My web site ... stretch mark removal and home remedy

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have sworn I've visited your blog before but after going through some of the articles I realized it's new to me.
Anyways, I'm certainly happy I came across it and I'll be
bookmarking it and checking back often!

Stop by my blog ranger forum