Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tulip Festival y mas

*tulips!*

The day mom and dad left, there was a tulip festival in the Dutch quarter of Potsdam. It was so sad that they missed it, and by a few hours, because it was jam-packed with booths of trinkets, Dutch crafts, food, music and so many people! I met Kristina there in the afternoon, and we enjoyed kibbeling, a Dutch fish dish, in the warm sun.
*me in little Holland*



*traditional Dutch dancers*



*a traditional Dutch dance-- not easy, as they are wearing wooden shoes and spinning on cobblestones!*

This week instead of regular classes, we've been having seminars at a clinic to the north of Berlin. A medical doctor would tell us about various neurological disorders which may result in some sort of speech problem, and then a speech pathologist would show us videos of patients with certain speech disorders. It was very interesting, especially to see the other side of all of the theory we've been learning, although I'm not interested in the therapy field myself.

Today I opened a bank account with an amazing bank. Why is it so amazing?? They were super kind and gave me all kinds of free stuff! A pen, a gift card to H & M, a key chain, a cell phone holder, candy, and a canvas bag. I love it.

No comments: