Thursday, April 10, 2008

Honeymoon & Misc

I finally found my flash drive with more pictures on it! Here are some more from the civil ceremony and the honeymoon:
*dad made friends with one of Nereida's birds*


*so excited to get married*


*my hairdo*


*with the flowers people gave us*


*a champagne toast thanks to Chris!*


*cheers to us, the newlyweds*


*at the hotel, with matching bathrobes*


*our room*


*checking the time on my new watch, a gift from Julian's family*


I also found my camera battery charger, so sometime soon I'll be able to take pictures of my new deutscher Haus! Ich bin sehr froh, dass meine Eltern reisen hier in ein paar Tagen! (I'm very happy that my parents will travel here in a couple of days).
Things here in Berlin are going pretty well. Regular classes start next week, but this week we have a German language and culture course, which is a nice review. I took a test to get into an advanced German class, and although my German is very rusty, I made it into a class with Olha and Daria. We're all extremely excited to better our German.
Today after class I took the public transport around the city and walked around near the Brandenburg Gate, Potsdamer Platz, famous streets, the embassies, etc. I did a little shopping too....
Tomorrow I have to register with the German authorities, then go to class, then open a bank account. Then Saturday morning, bright and early, mom and dad arrive!
Today I realized I live in the former East part of Berlin. How do I know? Well, the walking signs are different in Eastern sectors-- they're called the Ampelmann. On my street, the Ampelmann signals when to stay or go, so this must be former East Berlin!

*Ampelmaenner*

1 comment:

leah v said...

first of all, i love your hairdo. i also like your bathing suit and your matching robes.
also, i think you should revisit Das leben der anderen because leah, it is a FANTASTIC movie and as you know, is held as my favorite movie of all time. and since you are LIVING there!!!!! you should get some viewpoints on it for me. i highly recommend watching the interview with the director on the dvd version because i'm in love with him. he spent a year and a half doing pure research in east berlin before even starting the script. and do you know what people said when they saw the movie? they said the MOVIE was more real than their memory of "real life" and the interview talks about the reason behind that. anyway, you have an amazing experience.