Saturday, April 30, 2016

28 weeks!

28 weeks!

Baby is the size of an eggplant!


It's funny - the night that we turned 28 weeks, I dreamt about having the baby. I looked back at our old pregnancy blog posts, and I had started dreaming of having a baby around the same time in my pregnancy with Sammy!

How Far Along?  28 weeks - now in the 3rd trimester!!


Maternity Clothes? Yep!
Sleep? Pretty good! 
Best Moment of the Week? Getting the results that my glucose level is good - I don't have to fast or take the long test! Woohoo!

Movement? Yep! Lots of kicking especially when I am trying to nurse Sammy to sleep. I probably notice it more then because I am more still then.
What I miss? Nothing - feeling good!

Symptoms: Lower back pain has been kicking in if I am bending over too much. My hips are often sore too, so it is a good reminder to try and take it easy. I was glad I was still able to go for a mile jog this week, though!

What I’m looking forward to? More appointments, and figuring out the details leading up to the birth and after baby is born. I'm thinking a lot about naptime, and trying to enjoy this last month(ish) of nursing Sammy to sleep and cuddling with him when he wakes up. I know it will probably not be possible once the baby comes so a month ahead of time I'm going to try and change his nap routine if it doesn't happen naturally.... 
Milestones: We are in the 3rd trimester! Baby now has eyelashes!

Emotions: Happy, but it's feeling so much more real now that we are in the 3rd trimester. We still have time, but we had a week of big decisions (go back to work in the fall, preschool for Sammy, changing naptimes, making a registry, etc). The weeks seem to be flying by! 

1 comment:

c.jean said...


I love that dress on you! What a beautiful picture! Can't wait to see that big belly in a couple weeks! (and maybe feel some movement?)