Saturday, August 3, 2013

Week by Week: Week 32


Gonzalito is the size of a jicama 

This week we had another checkup with our midwife. Baby G is growing right on schedule, and seems to be nice and healthy. He had a strong heartbeat (156), and has been moving nicely every day. And, he seems to be positioned nicely inside, with his head down. Go Gonzalito! We also had a "birth-day" meeting with the midwife practice, where they went through the details of what to expect from them through labor, delivery, and post-partum care. It was great to get information, but overwhelming to think that we are getting closer to that reality! It is making us really be good about practicing all of our exercises, and preparing for Baby's arrival.

How Far Along?  32 weeks!

Maternity Clothes? Yes, or dresses or leggings. I've been very fortunate to not need to buy many things. I was given a few things (thanks, Mom!) and bought a few staples from Goodwill. Other than that, I've been able to use my regular summer clothes!

Stretch Marks? No
Sleep? Very good- I've been sleeping very deeply. I think swimming regularly helps with that a lot.  
Best Moment of the Week? Hearing Gonzalito's heartbeat and feeling him move each day
Movement? Yes! He likes to wiggle around throughout the day. I am pretty sure he has a dance party at some point in the middle of the night, because I have been dreaming about him jumping around... But luckily, I don't wake up! (yet)

What I miss? Nothing!

Symptoms: Nothing new. I haven't had swollen ankles for awhile, and each day is a little different. Some days my back is very sore, and other days it feels fine. Yoga and swimming seem to help a lot with the aches. 
What I’m looking forward to? Continued growth and health!
Milestones: Baby G is the size of a jicama!

Emotions: Anxious and excited!

No comments: