Tuesday, July 15, 2008

last days of EMCL (classes)

This week marks the last week of courses in the EMCL program, and in my life (as of now). I had my last exam (ever) on Monday, and have a few more courses to go, but no work!! I would say I'm free as a bird, except I have the tiny little thesis thing to go... But I'll think about that after this week.

Sadly, since classes are ending, our time together is as well. Libei left today, Weichun is leaving tomorrow, and then we all start dropping out (of Berlin) like flies. Since our work has lessened and our time together is growing short, we've been spending more time together which has been very nice. I have to say that I'm very glad that we'll have our conference in Greece in the fall, so we don't really have to say goodbye to each other now. We're thrilled to be able to say, See you in Thessaloniki (which, by the way, is on a beach. Also, our hotels and food are paid for by our program!)

Unfortunately, I seem to have caught a cold. I hope I can kick it so I can enjoy my last week in Berlin to the fullest!


*anitha on a stranger's motorcycle, displaying some fantastic graffiti of berlin*


*in front of a giant wad of ?*


*berlin ran me over, but i survived*


*brandenburger tor made of chocolate!*


*deutscher dom, gendarmenmarkt*


*berliner bär*


*at the girl's apartment to watch a movie: felipe, libei, me, anitha*


*jewish museum, which recalls the history of german jews from the roman times to present*


*the jewish museum is well-known for it's superb architecture from daniel libeskind. from above the building looks like a thunder bolt, with an empty void in the middle. there are towers, tunnels and gardens all signifying meaningful events in jewish-german history*


*jewish museum*

*Garden of Exile, from above: the garden forms a perfect square from above, but walking through it makes you feel a bit dizzy and disoriented, as displaced jews did when they were exiled into new cultures*


*in the garden of exile*


*fallen leaves exhibit, jewish museum: you were supposed to walk on the faces, which clinked together eerily*


*the emcl gang at masala, an indian restaurant, to celebrate ryan and david's birthdays*


*the birthday boys, eating their birthday ice cream*


*ryan and dave with their birthday presents to each other: a david hasselhoff cd and a butcher's axe. these boys are classy.*



1 comment:

Caroljean said...

loved this entry -- it makes me want to go back and see the things we missed. *check typo in 2nd PH.*