Thursday, July 3, 2008

Flashback: Milano-Ohio

So I finally moved the pictures from my old camera to my computer (thanks to Olga who lent me a cable) and discovered that I had a ton of pictures from my last days in Milan and from part of Christmas break in the States! Here's a flash from the past:

Beautiful Milan, decked out in its Christmas finest!

*duomo*


*shopping gallery*


*inside shopping gallery*

*the children's nativity production at my church in Milano*


On my last weekend in Milan, Olga and I went to the top of the Duomo, where you can see the hundreds of statues atop the spires as well as amazing views of the city.



On our way to Sidney, we stopped in Athens and spent time with the Vega family (Carlos, Maria and Karen) and another Colombian friend, David. We made traditional Colombian food: buñuelos, natilla and pandebonos. Little did I know that later that day, Julian would propose :)

*Maria and Karen, with plates full of natilla waiting to be eaten*


*buñuelos, and pandebonos*


*Carlos, Karen, Maria, David and Julian enjoying our brunch*


While we were in Ohio, we visited the wonderful Medina family, who are good friends of Julian. The family is musically gifted, and so most rendezvous with them result in a jam session of some sort.
*first they played in the living room*


*then they brought out the more serious equipment*


*Julian played the guiro*

No comments: