Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hamburg

*Hamburg*


*the Hamburg group: tom, kujtime, olha, olga, felipe, mixaela, kristina, me and anitha*


This weekend I went with 8 of my classmates to Hamburg, a city in north Germany. Hamburg is the home of the Hamburger, in two ways. First, a person from Hamburg is called a Hamburger, so of course Hamburg is their home. Second, the sandwich type of Hamburger originated from the Hamburg steak, which is from Hamburg. Besides that, Hamburg is an important port town, both historically and still today. It has the second largest harbor in Europe (Rotterdam has the largest) and is the second biggest city in Germany. We had to take a 4 hour train to get there, so we only got a taste of Hamburg, but a nice taste. Here are some photos of our time there:

*in front of the Rathaus (city hall)*


*anitha and me by the fountain in the Rathaus courtyard*


*felipe in front of the nikolaikirche, which is now a memorial since it was bombed during WWII*


*at the harbor*


*video of musicians at the carnival by the harbor*

*anitha, olha, olga and kristina on our boat tour of the harbor!*


*at the binnenalster*


*hamburg through leaves, with the binnenalster lake in the foreground*



1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I saw that you donated to my Relay for Life thing, and I wanted to thank you and let you know that it really means a lot to me.

I hope you are doing well!

-Carolyn